Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Anxiety Attack

Approximately 24 hours from now I will be in Tampa, Florida with some of the biggest names in journalism at the National Association of Black Journalists Convention. For most people a convention of writers would seem like another big item on their "Things to Avoid" list, but for me this is a dream come true. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for me to network with both already established journalists and those up & coming like myself all in one place, totally at my disposal.

I doubt I sleep at all tonight. Anxiety is taking over now, my nerves won't settle down. This trip to Florida will be the turning point in my life. It will separate the real journalists from the wannabes. Time to put the game face on.

As they say it's a long way to the top and I see this trip as a big boost in my climb up that mountain to success. I feel as if so many doors will open for me after this trip. Sure, it was expensive--took me to eating turkey sandwiches, crackers, and water for lunch for the past few weeks, just so I can save every penny possible--but I'm highly optimistic that this will be well worth it.


Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment