Monday, August 17, 2009

Say it ain't So

Ok. I get it. Newspapers are dying. Journalism is changing. Global warming is happening before our very eyes. Oh, by the way the entire world is going to hell.

But of course, being the stubborn hard-head I am, I refuse to succumb to the "the world as we know it is coming to an end" ideology.

Therefore, I will not give up my dreams of writing for a paper. No, I don't want to do PR work and no, I don't want to write for a trade publication. I want to do real journalism.

I want to be the outlet for many people to share their stories when no one else would listen. I want to be responsible for letting people know what's going on and explaining various political decisions to them in plain English.

This is what I want to do. This is what I plan to do. This is what I WILL do.

And I refuse to be told otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment